Register today to get full access
to jobs across the nation.

Register For Free

Bally Nagra

California 3RNET Network Coordinator

Tel: 916-326-3714

"Whether it be the breathtaking views and sounds of the Pacific Ocean, the enormous beauty of the high desert, the majestic peaks of the High Sierras, the pristine lakes and rivers, the peacefulness of the Redwoods, and the ideal year-round weather -- California has it all!”

Team Member Photo

How I can help your job search:

If you are a health care professional interested in living and working in California, Bally can:

  • Answer questions you may have about current job openings across California
  • Guide you on how the National Health Service Corps works in California
  • Provide information on California-specific loan repayment programs
  • Help you navigate the J-1 Visa Waiver process in California
  • Tell you more about California’s state-specific incentives for health care professionals

Bally is an employee of the California Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development. He and his organization coordinate 3RNET activities in California.

Behavioral Health Resources in California

Behavioral Health Resources in California

Job search support is provided for the following behavioral health disciplines:

  • Licensed Clinical Social Worker
  • Licensed Professional Counselor
  • Substance Use Disorder Counselor
  • Licensed Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor
  • Peer Recovery Support Specialist
  • Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
  • Clinical Mental Health Counselor
  • Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
  • Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
  • Psychiatrist
  • Clinical Psychologist

Additional resources:

Incentive programs for behavioral health professionals:

Pipeline and pathway programs into behavioral health fields:

Behavioral Health Workforce Recruitment Contact in California:

Baljinder Nagra
California Primary Care Office
Health Workforce Development  

J-1 Visas in California

J-1 Visas in California

If you want to obtain a J-1 Visa Waiver in California, here’s what you need to do:

  1. Start your job search about 18 months prior to when you want to start working.
  2. Find a job at an eligible J-1 site in our state. You can search for J-1 eligible jobs on 3RNET. Start your J-1 job search in California now.
  3. Connect with the J-1 contact to ask questions and learn about additional steps you may need to take.

Applications are accepted on a first-come-first-served basis beginning October 1 of each year. The California J-1 Visa Waiver Program does not provide direct recruitment services for J-1 candidates.

This program is open to board eligible or board certified primary care physicians (GPs and FPs), gynecologists, pediatricians, and psychiatrists. This program is not open to nurses or behavioral health specialists.

To request a State of California Conrad 30 Waiver recommendation letter, candidates need to:

  1. Apply for a J-1 Visa Waiver through the United States Department of State;
  2. Obtain a waiver review case number from the United States Department of State;
  3. Secure an employment contract with a medical facility in a HPSA or MUA designated service area, signed by the candidate and the head of the facility, to provide patient care for a minimum of 40 hours per week for a three-year term;
  4. Complete the application requirements found at the California J-1 Visa Waiver Program website located at: 

California J-1 Visa Waiver Program

J-1 Visa Contact in California:

J-1 Visa Waiver Program
Department of Health Care Access and Information 

Health Care Employers in California

Health Care Employers in California

You'll find jobs on 3RNET from these types of health care employers in California:

  • Community Health Centers (CHCs)
  • Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs)
  • Rural Health Clinics (RHCs)
  • Critical Access Hospitals
  • Substance Use Disorder Treatment Facilities
  • Private Practices
  • Veterans Affairs sites
  • Correctional Facilities
  • Indian Health Service sites
  • Tribal Health sites
  • National Health Service Corps Loan Repayment sites
  • National Health Service Corps Scholar sites
For California Employers

For California Employers

If you’re a health care employer in California and you’d like to post your jobs on 3RNET, please fill out our employer application form which will be sent to the California Network Coordinator.

If you have specific questions about using 3RNET in California, please contact 3RNET’s California Network Coordinator, Bally Nagra.